Bank’s Apothecary is looking to hire a database administrator.
Job Title: Database Administrator
Database Administrator needed to perform the following duties :
- Installation, configuration, and upgrading of Oracle server software and related products.
- Evaluate Oracle features and Oracle related products.
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
- Take care of the database design and implementation.
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges).
- Perform database tuning and performance monitoring.
- Perform application tuning and performance monitoring.
- Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
- Plan growth and changes (capacity planning).
- Work as part of a team and provide 24×7 support when required.
- Perform general technical troubleshooting and give consultation to development teams.
- Works with the IS department colleagues and all end-users to provide timely, respectful, and comprehensive communication for the purpose of customer satisfaction.
- Works with the end-users and team members to develop, plan, implement, and execute business-specific technology strategic plans for the Banks Apothecary Health System enterprise. Works with the IS leadership for strategic planning, budgets,
- Provides leadership and reviews the day to day support and maintenance of assigned systems within Banks Apothecary Health System, this includes daily processing, day-end processing, data output, backups, systems upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Provides leadership in coordinating and reviewing the business process analyses, needs assessment, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with enterprise business initiatives.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and estimate personnel needs and assigns work to team members to completion dates.
- Directs workers performing similar activities to own work performance and works alongside them on tasks. Assigns works and checks results. Reviews project plans with team members on a regular basis. Ensures the project management process is followed. Anticipates resource needs from other areas of IS.
- Holds regular team meetings and documents minutes from those meetings.
- Provide updates to IS Manager on projects and outstanding support issues.
- Recommends candidates for employment, feedback for performance reviews, or coaching/disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for the orientation, coordination of training, assigning, and checking the work of team members.
- Responsible for development and maintenance of knowledge base documents for team, timely completion of RFS/problem tickets, and change management tickets for the team. Involved in on-call rotation.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as requested.
Bachelor’s Degree required in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Information Technology or Computer Information Systems.